Talent retention starts with recruitment and should be part of the entire professional cycle of an employee.
Talent retention, also called employee retention, is evolving at a fast rate. So, if you are an HR professional, renewing your strategy through specific policies is always of extreme importance.
Talent Retention strategies for boosting employees’ satisfaction
Talent retention starts with recruitment and should be part of the entire professional cycle of an employee. It has to be constantly planned and improved in terms of strategy.
The most successful talent retention strategies are able to tackle boredom, frustration, poor work-life balance and stagnant career prospect. HR managers can prevent employees to quit their jobs by guaranteeing permanent training, flexibility, exciting projects and new opportunities.
Creating an equal and personalized workplace that embraces career progression is the way to go in order to avoid a stagnant working environment.
So, what are the best strategies you can adopt for retaining your talents and boosting their satisfaction?
- Onboarding and orientation: from day one the new hire should receive the right orientation in terms of goals, opportunities and projects.
- Mentorship programs: during the onboarding phase it is a great idea to assign mentors to the new employees. They aren’t supposed to act as supervisors, instead they should provide guidance, by welcoming them in the company culture.
- Compensation: the labor market is highly competitive and attractive compensation package should include bonuses, paid time off, health benefits and retirement plans.
- Recognition and reward systems: when a reward system is truly efficient, employees feel appreciated because it means that ideas and hard work are being incentivized.
- Assuring work-life balance: burnout shouldn’t be a tabù anymore, because it is symptomatic of an unhealthy work-life balance. Monitoring the wellbeing of your staff is a top priority and telecommuting or flexible schedules help improve this balance.
- Fostering teamwork: when people start collaborating and working together have the abilities to achieve more than they would on their own. Defining team objectives, business goals and roles is a great way to encourage everyone to contribute with ideas and solutions.
All of the above strategies are equally important when the time comes to make an assessment, at least once a year. The goals of your company change, your employees redefine their objectives and business projects and prospects require constantly a redefinition of goals and perspective.
If you are looking for a pool of active and relevant candidates Jobrapido is the world’s leading job search engine that will grant you full access to a global community of jobseekers. For further details, please click here.